Money Plus Sunset offers decent personal finance tracking features, if you don't use online features like transaction downloads.
- Import transactions to accounts using OFX or QIF.
- Manually enter transactions into financial accounts.
- Use scheduled transactions to plan for paying bills on time.
- Create and track a budget.
- Forecast personal cash flow.
- View and print a number of reports for income and expense, assets and liabilities, and investments. Monthly financial reports and some income tax reporting is included.
- The navigation of Microsoft Money Plus Sunset Deluxe is identical to Money Plus, however, some features no longer exist even though the link or tab that once held the feature does.
- Link images and documents to transactions.
Features Missing in Money Plus Sunset Edition
While Money Plus Sunset tracks personal finance accounts and budgets, it lacks some of the features that made the old MS Money Money convenient.
- Transaction and account statement updates from directly within the software. The option to set up Internet Updates is still in the software, but does not function.
- Updates for investment values and transactions.
- Stock quotes.
- Tax planning tools.
- Online bill pay.
- Updated Help file. If you click on Help, you will find references to features from previous versions of Microsoft Money.
- Windows Live ID support. Switch to using no password protection or to Money’s standard password authentication method to avoid the headache of eventually needing to use offline authentication to try to open the Money data file.
- Data sync with MSN Money online services.
To learn how to use Microsoft Money Plus Sunset Deluxe, see 6 Essential Microsoft Money Plus Sunset Deluxe Tutorials.