Requires an active internet connection.
- If you are not sure you if you need the latest update, check your Quicken version to verify the update is needed. If you already have the most up-to-date Quicken release and you try to update, no harm is done. You'll get a message confirming that you have the latest version.
- From within Quicken, start the One Step Update by clicking on Tools, which is the fourth item to the right at the top of your screen, then One Step Update.
- The Quicken One Step Update window will appear. Click Update Now.
- If an update is available, you will see it being downloaded when a green progress bar appears noting the new release number. If no update is available, One Step Update will quickly run and then close.
- You will probably have to tell Windows that you give Quicken permission to run the update (pops up asking).
- You then verify that you want to apply the update. Click on Start or OK when a Quicken window pops up.
- The update will install and Quicken will close when the installation is complete. Reopen Quicken, the software is ready to use.