Microsoft Money Plus personal finance software has been replaced by Money Plus Sunset Deluxe, which does not offer Internet-based services. The information in this article only pertains to Money Plus (2008), which will lose online services later in 2010 or early in 2011.
Overview of Microsoft Money Internet Services Policy:
- You will be able to use Microsoft Money Internet-Based Services for two years from the date you install and activate Microsoft Money or until September 1 two years past your version of Money, whichever is earlier. For example, if you install Microsoft Money 2006, you can use Internet-Based Services uninterrupted until two years past your activation date or September 1, 2008 whichever comes first.
- If you do not upgrade to the current version of Microsoft Money after Internet-Based Services expire, Money will continue to function on your computer without automatic updates to your accounts and investment values. You will still have your Microsoft Money data and you can still manually update accounts and investments.
- If you use automatic updates, Microsoft Money will notify you in advance of when your Internet-Based Services are expiring so you can decide whether to upgrade before the expiration.
What is Affected by Microsoft Money’s Internet-Based ServicesFinancial Account Management
- Importing transaction, balance, and statement information for banking, credit card, investment, and 401(k) accounts.
- Importing transaction, balance, and statement information directly from your financial institution.
- Background banking.
- QIF file import (as backup files) will continue to be available.
Internet-Based Bill Payment & Funds Transfer
- Creating, changing, and canceling new, scheduled, or recurring payments or transfer of funds between financial institutions, and viewing the status of these payments and transfers.
- Downloading updated currency exchange rates and updated prices for stocks, mutual funds, bonds, and other securities.
- Synchronizing financial data between Microsoft Money and MSN Money and viewing synchronized data.
- Sending new messages to or receiving new messages from your financial institution from within Microsoft Money.
Read the Fine Print