This series is for tax year 2010. The latest TurboTax and H&R Block At Home reviews:
- Compare Tax Software Guarantees: TurboTax, TaxACT and H&R Block At Home
- Compare Prices: TurboTax, TaxACT and H&R Block At Home
- TurboTax Review for Tax Year 2013
- H&R Block At Home Review for Tax Year 2013
Tax software that imports W-2 and 1099 data is especially useful if you have many stock transactions to enter, or if you have multiple W-2 forms.
TurboTax imports or transfers data from:
- Quicken 2008-2010 (desktop TurboTax versions only).
- ItsDeductible Online imports to Windows, Mac and online versions of TurboTax.
- TurboTax, H&R Block At Home and TaxACT prior tax year returns.
- W-2, 1098 and 1099 data from most financial institutions and employers/payroll services.
- Any software that exports .TXF files.
H&R Block At Home imports and transfers data from:
- Prior year returns prepared with H&R Block At Home Online or desktop software, H&R Block offices and TurboTax desktop software.
- H&R Block At Home Deduction Pro donation tracking software.
- H&R Block At Home imports 1099 and W-2 data from many financial institutions or employers/payroll services.