H&R Block Tax Central for iPhone
Power up H&R Block Tax Central tax app on your iPhone to have access to multiple income tax tools.
- Get quick answers to the most often asked questions being asked by tax filers.
- Create a customized tax preparation checklist.
- Stay informed of important dates pertaining to your personal tax situation.
- Estimate the amount of your tax refund with the Tax Estimator.
- Access hundreds of tax terms in the A-Z tax glossary.
- Use GPS or zip code to find the nearest H&R Block office.
- Test your income tax know-how with an interactive quiz.
TurboTax SnapTax for iPhone
Use this tax app to snap a photo of your W-2, then answer a few questions and e-file your tax return, all from your iPhone device. SnapTax has the same maximum refund and 100% accuracy guarantee that TurboTax tax software does, and saves a PDF copy of your return. SnapTax isn't a tax app for all tax returns, but is a solution for 1040 EZ filers with this tax scenario:
- Single with income of $80,000 or less.
- Married with combined income of no more than $100,000.
- No dependents.
- Income only from W-2s, interest, or unemployment compensation.
- No home or real estate ownership.
e-File your income tax return, then download the MyTaxRefund iPhone app to track the status of your tax refund. MyTaxRefund also lets you know if your return has been rejected or accepted by the IRS and estimates when you can expect your tax refund to arrive. MyTaxRefund is from Intuit, the TurboTax people, and is free to any iPhone users who e-Files their return, whether they use TurboTax or not.
More info: MyTaxRefund in the iTunes Store
IRS2Go for iPhone
After you file your tax return, this free tax app will check the status of your federal tax refund on your iPhone device. If you e-file your taxes, IRS2Go reports you return status within 72 hours. Paper filers don't have it so good - if you file a paper return, you have to wait 3-4 weeks to check your tax refund status.
Use the IRS2Go tax app before filing your tax return to get daily tax tips written in plain English to help you with your tax planning and preparation.
More info: IRS2Go from IRS.gov
1040 Tax Calculator
Enter all sources of income, then plug in your tax deductions, then 1040 Tax Calculator does the math and comes up with the amount of your tax refund, or what you owe the IRS.
This app is offered by Ijaz & Associates of Springfield, VA, and requires your name and phone number. You may be contacted regarding income tax return preparation services.
More info: 1040 Tax Calculator in the iTunes Store
Use TaxACT income tax preparation software to file your federal and/or state tax return, then use the TaxACT Mobile site to check the status of your tax return. Even if you don't use TaxACT, direct your smartphone browser to TaxACT Mobile to read Daily Tax Tips from J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax Guide or view a tax calendar, IRS e-file refund cycle chart, income tax preparation checklist, and state tax contact information.