TurboTax and H&R Block At Home (once known as TaxCut) are the two top-selling do-it-yourself income tax preparation software applications. In general H&R Block At Home is a lower cost option with an agent to help if you're audited (unlikely when using tax software). TurboTax still works a bit more elegantly in comparison and offers free tax help to all users this year. Read on to compare these two perennial tax software favorites.
The links below guide you through an analysis of the most important features in the tax software. Or you can skip right to my bottom line opinion of which is the best tax software.
- Compare Tax Software for Tax Year 2011
- Tax Interviews and Guarantees
- Importing and Transferring Tax Data
- Getting Technical and Tax Help
- Help if You're Audited
- Price Comparisons
- Bottom Line: H&R Block At Home or TurboTax