Minimum PC and Mac System Requirements for TurboTax DesktopWhile TurboTax runs on the minimum requirements listed below, you will need at least 500 MB RAM and greater than a 28.8 Kbps modem connection to avoid having TurboTax un slow enough to frustrate most people.
- 450 MHz 32-bit (x86) or faster processor or faster
- Mac Power PC G3 or higher, Intel-based processor or higher
- Windows 2000 SP4, XP (32-bit)Home/Media Edition/Pro, Vista (32-bit) Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate/Business (administrative rights required on Windows systems)
- Mac OS X (10.4) or greater
RAM: Minimum 256 MB, Windows or Mac This component really should be higher. Insufficient RAM will make for a frustrating experience.
- Windows: SVGA color monitors (high color-16 bit), 800 X 600 screen resolution (1024×768 recommended).
- Mac: 1024×768 screen resolution
Windows or Mac: 28.8 Kbps modem (this is a ridiculously slow dial-up connection). DSL or cable broadband recommended.
Third Party Software:
TurboTax will give you a link to this software if it is not already installed on your computer.
- Windows: Microsoft .NET 2.0, Microsoft Windows Installer 3 or higher, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Adobe Flash Player 7 or higher, Adobe Reader 5 or higher
- Mac: Adobe Flash Player 7.0 or higher
Windows or Mac: 2X CD-ROM drive
Hard Disk Space:
- Federal Products: 250 MB for TurboTax, and up to 355 MB for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft .NET 2.0
- State Products: 15 MB
- TurboTax Deluxe and above for desktop: 265 MB for TurboTax and up to 355 MB for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft .NET 2.0
- Federal Products: 225 MB
- State Products: 30 MB
- Federal Plus State Products: 255
- Windows: any Windows-compatible inkjet or laser printer
- Mac: any Macintosh-compatible inkjet or laser printer