Help Page: Personal Finance Software
- Choosing the Right Personal Finance Software
- Setting Up Accounts
- Working with Transactions
- Set Up Your Budget
- Backing Up and Securing Financial Data
- Upgrade Your Software
- Quicken Tips and Tutorials
- Microsoft Money Tips and Tutorials
Choosing the Right Personal Finance Software
Learn about the benefits of personal finance software and features to look for when choosing software.
- Features and Benefits of Personal Finance Software
- Online or Desktop Software: Which Is Better?
- Choosing the Best Tax Software
- Software That Teaches Kids About Managing Money
Setting Up Accounts
The first thing you need to do when you start using personal finance software is to get your financial accounts set up. Avoid common mistakes with these tips for setting up accounts.
- Setting Up Your Accounts in Financial Software
- Cash Accounts: How to Track Cash in Financial Software
- How Account Registers Work in Personal Finance Software
Working with Transactions
Learn how to manage money faster while maintaining a more accurate budget by using different transaction types in your financial software. Transaction splits, memorized transactions and scheduled transactions are three types of transactions found in most financial software.
Set Up Your Budget
Learn how to put together an effective personal or household budget using your financial software, and how to use a budget to keep spending in check or to reach financial goals.
- How to Set Up a Budget in Personal Finance Software
- Budget Reports
- Set Up a Budget with Microsoft Money
- Set Up a Budget with Quicken
Backing Up and Securing Financial Data
Backing up data in financial software is critical because your valuable financial data can become corrupted or your computer hard drive could crash. Be safe: back up your personal finance data.
- What is a Data Back Up and Why Back Up?
- Archiving Financial Data
- 4 Ways Online Financial Software is Safer Than Desktop Software
Upgrade Your Software
Desktop software for Mac and Windows offers upgrades every year or two. Check out these tips for buying and installing financial software upgrades.
- 3 Steps to Upgrading Personal Finance Software
- Upgrade or Update? Here's the Difference
- Just Bought Quicken and Need More Features
Quicken Tips and Tutorials
Learn how to use Quicken and about features, how to keep financial data in Quicken secure, how to set up accounts and budgets with Quicken and much more.
- Budgeting with Quicken
- Working with Quicken Data Files
- How to Use Quicken Image Attachments
- Backing Up and Restoring Quicken Data
- How to Use Quicken Savings Goals
- Using Passwords to Protect Quicken Data
- Updating Quicken
- Quicken Shortcuts
Microsoft Money Tips and Tutorials
Learn how to use Microsoft Money features, how to keep financial data safe in Microsoft Money, how to set up Microsoft Money accounts, how to track taxes in Microsoft Money and much more.
- Set up Financial Accounts
- Budgeting with Microsoft Money
- Import Transactions
- 3 Ways to Back Up Microsoft Money Data