Billing Manager No Longer Available:
Accept Credit Cards for Your Small Business:
Billing Manager Free Features:
- Create invoices with a few clicks, and send receipts to customers.
- Selection of professional invoice templates import your business logo.
- Email or print invoices.
- See at a glance total revenue (paid invoices) and overdue invoices.
- Send reminder invoices for overdue accounts with one click.
- Run sales tax reports.
- Sort data by invoice recipient, due date, invoice amount and other parameters.
- Import customer contact information from Outlook.
Works Well and More Development Needed:
Billing Manager is still a work in progress when it comes to generating printed reports or reports that can be downloaded and viewed without an Internet connection. Although you can print tax reports, Billing Manager does not currently print any other accounting reports, although you can get around this by doing a screen print or printing pages to a PDF.
The Billing Manager team is using input provided by the 3,000 small businesses that now use the service to develop additional features, so I think greater capabilities for reports could be on the horizon. One soon-to-be-announced enhancement is Billing Manager for iPhone, which is now in development, and the need for feature development is a fair trade-off for free online billing software.
Billing Manager is appropriate for very small businesses that do not need small business accounting software with more features. When a small business outgrows Billing Manager, the data can be imported to the more capable QuickBooks Online.