- Track bank accounts, credit cards, loans,expenses and net worth.
- Budget tracking, and multiple budget support.
- Bill payment and other personal finance reminders.
- Supports split transactions, account transfers and bulk editing.
- Win and Mac versions are identical and data transfers between platforms.
- Uncluttered, easy-to-use interface.
- Imports OFX and QFX data from most banks, and from other financial software.
- Downloads transactions from many financial institutions.
- Free trial (up to 100 transactions per account in trial).
- International multiple currency support.
- Does not currently support investment accounts.
Fortora Fresh Finance differentiates itself from other personal finance software a few ways. Personal finance data in Fortora Fresh Finance can be shared among multiple users on one computer, or between multiple computers over a network. Data works with both the Mac and Windows editions of Fortora Fresh Finance, and each registered copy of Fortora Fresh Finance can be used on up to 3 computers.
I emailed Fortora to verify that you can use the same activation code for Mac and Windows versions of Fresh Finance, so if you switch platforms you do not need to buy a new license. I was also told that Fortora intends to support multiple versions of Fresh Finance (although, within reason, this could change), and currently has no obsolescence policy. My email was answered within minutes of the opening of Fortora's published business hours.
Fortora Fresh Finance SummaryFortora has a mission to create a great customer service experience along with the best products in the industry. This is to be accomplished by treating customers with respect, responding to inquiries within a day if not sooner, and by refining Fortora Fresh Finance by using customer feedback. If Fortora succeeds in this mission, they will truly be a company that is set apart from the current top names in desktop personal finance software given that these companies have been unable or unwilling to fix bugs that span across versions from year to year.
Fortora Fresh Finance runs on Windows Vista, XP, 2003 and 2000, and on Mac OS X 10.3 and later on Intel and Power PC-based systems. Software updates are free and there are plans to give Fortora Fresh Finance Version 2.0 as a free upgrade to customers when it is released within the next year.
Fortora Fresh Finance support includes a searchable online knowledge base with free technical and customer service support by phone or email.
Fortora Fresh Finance for Windows or Mac costs $44.99, and you can buy a bundled Mac and Windows license for $76.48. You can use one Fortora Fresh Finance license on up to three computers, and updates and support are free.
Fortora Fresh Finance has a 60-day money back guarantee, but download the Fortora Fresh Finance free trial before you buy.