Question: One Step Updates Won't Work. How Can I Update Quicken?
You can use this tutorial for downloading either Quicken for Windows or Quicken Mac software updates.
Answer: Quicken updates are free, and you can usually use One Step Updates check for and install the updates, or Quicken will tell you an update is available when it starts up. If, for some reason, the One Step Updates aren't working, use this procedure to check for updates (Internet connection required).
- If you don't know what version of Quicken you're using, verify the version. If you already have the most up-to-date release and you apply the update again, you'll see a message confirming that you're running the latest version.
- Go to the Quicken Update Index.
- Click on your Quicken version, which is Quicken [year]. (Example: Quicken 2013).
- Scroll down until you see the first step,"To download the manual update, click here", and click on the link to start downloading the file.
- You will be prompted to save the file to your PC or Mac. Save to your desktop or note where you are saving so you can find it after the download is completed. Leave your browser open to the download page.
- Close Quicken if you have it open.In your browser, follow the directions below Step 1 on the update instructions to install.