Adaptu is Closing. What to Do Now:
If you're an Adaptu user who has arrived at this article after the app shut down the website, you won't be able to get at your account to import transactions since the account will have been deleted. However, read on past the help for exporting data to suggestions for Adaptu replacements.
Take Your Data with You:
- Log in at Adaptu.com. If you have only been using Adaptu Wallet and not the web site to manage your finances, you will first need to complete some security questions before you can log in.
- Click on the Manage Accounts section, then click on Transactions.
- Change the time period on the right near the top, then click on Show. If you want to have a complete history of your transactions in the new app or software, set the time period to All Transactions.
- Down on the lower right, under the transaction list, click on the green Export Transactions button. Wait and let Adaptu pull your data - this may take some time if you have a lot of transactions.
- Depending on your browser settings, the file ExportData or ExportData with a number in parenthesis will be saved in your browser's Download folder, or your browser will ask you where to save it (I like to save to my Desktop).
- Save the file, which is a CSV file. If you want to view the data before you try to import it into your new software, it can be opened with Excel or another spreadsheet.
Find a New Personal Finance App:
- See my list of online personal finance apps for great options that can take the place of Adaptu. Although moneyStrands is one of the free options, you may want to avoid it for now since it stopped downloading transactions.
- One of the primary features that helped users keep bills and their budget organized was Adaptu's calendar. See the bottom of my article, How to Use a Financial Calendar in Personal Finance Software, for six personal finance software options that use a similar calendar.
- If you want to take your finances offline and to your computer, there are some great options for Windows PC and Mac personal finance software.
- Don't forget to check out free financial software options, too.
Optional: Delete Your Account:
- Log in if you have no already done so.
- Click on Member Setting at the top of the screen on the right side.
- You'll see a list of actions under the title Member Settings, select the last one, Delete Account, and follow the directions.