All versions of Microsoft Money use QIF
files to import and export
accounts to and from Microsoft Money data files.
Before beginning, note that Microsoft Money will not export
an account you have closed in Microsoft Money to a QIF file. Re-open any closed accounts that you want to export before exporting from Microsoft Money. After you import the account into the new Money file, you can close the account again.
Money cannot export a loan account to a QIF file. To learn how to handle this, see this FAQ
- Open the file that you want to export.
- Click on File menu >> Export.
- Click Loose QIF, then click OK.
- In the File Name box, type a name for the account that you want to export, and then click OK.
- When prompted to select the account type you want to export, click Regular or Investment for the account being exported, then click OK.
- In the Account List box, click the account that you want to export, then click Continue.
- When Money is finished exporting the account, click OK.
You must repeat these steps for each account you want to export, then you may import
your files into another version of Microsoft Money.