On the TurboTax Freedom Edition web page, click on the red 'I Qualify - Start Now'.
If you used the Free File or regular paid version of TurboTax Online in the past, choose Yes and sign in:
- Fill in your user ID and password.
- If you forgot your User ID and password for TurboTax Online, click on Forgot your information? and TurboTax Online will help you to recover your account information.
- If you still cannot recover your user ID and password, either create a new account or contact TurboTax Technical Support.
- Click on the check boxes to indicate that whether you want your user ID to be remembered (do NOT use select if you share your computer) and that you have read and agree to a license agreement. Although software license agreements make for boring reading, click on View Agreement to become familiar with it before accepting the agreement.
- Click on Sign In.
If you have not used the regular or Free File version of TurboTax Online in the past, choose No, I'm a new user then select these options:
- Start right now: Start your tax return and create a user ID and password when you save your work later.
Create your user ID: Set up your TurboTax Online user ID and password now and your work will be saved as you go.
- Accept the License Agreement: You must click the check box next to this option to get started with TurboTax Online whether you create a user account now or later. Click on View Agreement to become familiar with it before accepting the agreement. The TurboTax Online license agreement is fairly standard and looking over the license agreement will be tedious, but you should know what it says.
- Click on Continue