If you are not sure how to find your Microsoft Money data files, read How to Find Your Microsoft Money Data File first.
Once you locate your files:
- Copy the Microsoft Money data files from your old computer to removable media like a CD or a USB thumb drive.
- Copy these files to your new computer into the Windows Documents folder or to a folder you create on your Windows desktop. You can copy the files to another folder, but copying the files to this folder just makes things easier for most users.
- Open the new version of Microsoft Money and then click File, Open.
- Navigate to the Documents or other folder, where you will find your data files.
- Microsoft Money will begin to convert the data files to the latest format.