Here are the best free tax apps for your Android mobile device for completing your 2011 income tax return.
TaxACT Central for Android
- Checklist helps you to get your tax related documents together before your start on your taxes.
- Check the status of e-filed federal and state returns.
- Tax Calendar with due dates for filing tax forms and paying taxes by month, fiscal year or taxpayer type.
- Tax glossary and tons of tax tips.
- Create a TaxACT Online account from the app.
Use this tax app to snap a photo of your W-2, then answer a few questions and e-file your tax return, all from your Android device. SnapTax has the same maximum refund and 100% accuracy guarantee that TurboTax tax software does, and saves a PDF copy of your return. SnapTax isn't a tax app for all tax returns, but is a solution for 1040 EZ filers with this tax scenario:
- Single with income of $80,000 or less.
- Married with combined income of no more than $100,000.
- No dependents.
- Income only from W-2s, interest, or unemployment compensation.
- No home or real estate ownership.
H&R Block Tax Central
Power up H&R Block Tax Central tax app on your Android to have access to multiple income tax tools.
- Get quick answers to the most often asked questions being asked by tax filers.
- Create a customized tax preparation checklist.
- Stay informed of important dates pertaining to your personal tax situation.
- Estimate the amount of your tax refund with the Tax Estimator.
- Access hundreds of tax terms in the A-Z tax glossary.
- Use GPS or zip code to find the nearest H&R Block office.
- Test your income tax know-how with an interactive quiz.
IRS2Go for Android
After you file your tax return, this free tax app will check the status of your federal tax refund on your Android device. If you e-file your taxes, IRS2Go reports you return status within 72 hours. Paper filers don't have it so good - if you file a paper return, you have to wait 3-4 weeks to check your tax refund status.
Use the IRS2Go tax app before filing your tax return to get daily tax tips written in plain English to help you with your tax planning and preparation.
Federal Tax 1040EZ
While you can't file your 1040 EZ tax return with this tax app, you can use it to determine the amount of your tax refund, or what you owe the IRS. No personal information is required to use Federal Tax 1040EZ, but this tax app offers no guidance, so you need to understand both the Making Work Pay and Earned Income tax credits.
To use Federal Tax 1040EZ, your income must be $80,000 or less ($100,000 or less if married), and your income can only be from W-2s, interest and unemployment. If you have dependents or own property, this tax app won't work for you.
This free Android tax app shows you how your income taxes be distributed across the federal government for defense, Social Security, science, health, and more.