- See Tax Year 2013 Information: TaxACT 2013 Versions, Features and Prices
TaxACT offers online and Windows desktop tax software, and an app for iPad and Android tablets. There are three versions available, and a state return add-on. Federal e-File is free, and all versions include FAFSA worksheet, loan and savings calculators and import of data from last year's return prepared with another tax software product (PDF copy of return required).
This year, TaxACT has added a My Forms list to the software to make navigating to specific forms in the tax return easier.
Published 12/29/2012. Prices subject to change.
1. TaxACT Free Edition
- Supports 1040, 1040 EZ and 1040A with no income or age restrictions.
- Help Topics, TaxTutor Guidance, and IRS Form Instructions, or email questions to tax specialists for free, or pay $7.95 for unlimited tax help over the phone.
- TaxACT can compare your 2012 tax return to last year's to help with finding potential errors.
- Audit Assistant guides you through the audit process if you are audited.
TaxACT Free Edition
2. TaxACT Deluxe
- Additional tax advice and free phone support (once you pay for TaxACT).
- Donation Assistant, which track charitable contributions that are tax deductible.
- Import of last year's return, W-2 wage statements and investments.
- Support for reporting capital gains, depreciation and disposal summaries for small businesses and comparison of joint vs. separate returns. You can also compare your return to national averages and use TaxWatch 2013 to create a plan to lower your taxes for next year.
- Tax calculator for what-if scenarios relative to income taxes.
3. Ultimate Bundle
The Windows desktop TaxACT Ultimate Bundle is $21.95 and includes a federal e-File with a $7.95 state e-file fee (except for NY). You can complete additional state returns and up to four more federal returns.
TaxACT Ultimate Bundle
4. TaxACT Business Editions
- TaxACT Home & Business files a business return and a federal and state 1040, and includes federal e-File for both busies and personal returns.
- State Edition add-on includes free e-file for some states.
TaxACT Small Business Editions
5. TaxACT State Return
TaxACT State Edition