Tax software that imports W-2 and 1099 data is especially useful if you have many stock transactions to enter or you have multiple W-2 forms.
TurboTax imports or transfers data from:
- Quicken personal finance software(desktop TurboTax versions only).
- ItsDeductible Online imports to Windows, Mac and online versions of TurboTax.
- TurboTax, H&R Block At Home and TaxACT prior tax year returns. TurboTax Freedom Edition and Free Online data will not transfer.
- W-2, 1098 and 1099 data from most financial institutions and employers/payroll services.
- TXF files, which can be exported from most personal finance software.
H&R Block At Home imports and transfers data from:
- The online versions import last year's returns prepared with H&R Block At Home Online, TurboTax Online or TaxACT Online. H& Block At Home Windows and Mac versions import last year's returns prepared with H&R Block At Home and TurboTax desktop software.
- H&R Block At Home Deduction Pro donation tracking software.
- H&R Block At Home imports 1099 and W-2 data from many financial institutions or employers/payroll services.