If you have a more complex return, you'll have to pass on the Free Edition and use either TaxSlayer Classic Edition
or Premium Edition
. The Free Edition is designed for 1040EZ filers and includes these features:
Try TaxSlayer Free Edition
- Guide Me option for walking you through parts of your tax return, step by step.
- Reminder Notes for putting notes on parts of your tax return that you need to come back to later. TaxSlayer won't let you file a return until you've completed all reminders.
- The Life Events Wizard helps you with determining the tax impact of events you may have experienced over the past year, like moving, having a baby, and many others.
- Deduction Finder determines what tax deductions that you're eligible for.
- Help videos explain various tax topics.
- Error checking.
- Import data from last year's return filed with TurboTax.
- Phone and email support.
- Includes Federal e-File.
- Optional state return is $17.90, $9.95 for each additional state.