1. Computing
Shelley Elmblad

Best Mac Personal Finance Software 2011

By March 8, 2011

The readers have spoken! About.com readers have cast their votes for The Best Mac Personal Finance Software.

What do you think is the best Mac personal finance software?

Other categories:

Our readers voted for the best personal finance and tax software in 2011.Thanks to all the readers who nominated a total of 75 software titles for their favorite personal finance and tax software, and who cast over 10,000 votes between January 13 and March, 2011.

Vote for products and services in About.com Reader's Choice Awards, with categories from technology and sports to health and hobbies.

Comments
February 11, 2011 at 5:37 pm
(1) Pam says:

Unfortunately, you left the best software for Mac off the voting list, so I can’t vote for it.

YNAB is the best! youneedabudget.com

February 11, 2011 at 5:52 pm
(2) Mike says:

I agree with the previous commenter; my vote would be for YNAB, so I’m going to have to hold off on the voting until that one is represented.

February 11, 2011 at 6:04 pm
(3) Peyton says:

You are doing a disservice to Mac users. You did not include YNAB for use with a Mac. This is one of so many great YNAB features. It can be used on a Mac OSX and a Windows machine with the same file without a need to use a converter of any type. Use “Dropbox” and it makes keeping the family informed of finances easy.

February 11, 2011 at 6:10 pm
(4) Mike says:

Funny, Peyton, that’s exactly how I use it too; work computer is Windows, home computer is a Mac. Works like a champ.

Shelley: Would you please add an option for YNAB? I know that’ll make it the top *6* choices, but the user voices must be heard. Currently, there are more comments requesting YNAB than there are votes for Buddi (0) and MoneyWell (0) combined.

February 11, 2011 at 6:35 pm
(5) Susan says:

ditto. i use YNAB software for mac.

February 11, 2011 at 6:49 pm
(6) Tracey says:

Would have only voted for YNAB for Mac. Never even heard of most of those on the Mac list…

February 11, 2011 at 7:42 pm
(7) Scott Reeves says:

Another vote for YNAB. Yes, it’s an AIR application, but it’s really very, very well done.

February 11, 2011 at 8:57 pm
(8) Melissa says:

I’d have to add my voice to those above. I’ve tried every one of the software titles listed, but the only one worth keeping (and honestly, I’d have paid four times what I did – it’s worth THAT much) was YNAB.

February 12, 2011 at 3:10 am
(9) Shelley says:

Please understand that I did not choose the finalists for the Readers’ Choice Awards.

Readers nominated the software, and the 5 Mac software titles with the greatest number of nominations became finalists. Perhaps more Mac users will nominate YNAB next year. I agree that it’s excellent software.

February 12, 2011 at 3:13 am
(10) Shelley says:

Mike, I can’t change the finalists at this time – it’s all “carved in stone”. YNAB did not get enough nominations in the Mac category to be included as a finalist. Perhaps we’ll see YNAB for Mac in next year’s Reader’s Choice Awards.

February 16, 2011 at 10:06 pm
(11) MONICA says:

Glad to see Buddi is on the list!

February 17, 2011 at 5:35 pm
(12) Nitza says:

Boo! YNAB for Mac is not on the list. I love using it with my iphone app!

February 20, 2011 at 6:48 pm
(13) Shawn Davis says:

Quicken Essentials and not YNAB???

Anyway, Moneywell is the best in my opinion anyway.

February 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm
(14) matt says:

MoneyWell is definitely the best: it updates the concept of envelope budgeting to work with people who make most of their purchases with credit and debit cards. It has a highly polished and beautiful interface, superb support, active development, and a CEO who really understands how to write the best software. And the iPhone integration is perfect.

March 8, 2011 at 7:55 am
(15) Seonaid says:

I would have voted, but you have not included YNAB as an option unfortunately.

March 8, 2011 at 8:33 am
(16) Scott Madrigal says:

How do you leave YNAB off of this list. It’s like doing a top 100 music list and never mentioning the Beatles…

Very narrow minded. Glad to see it’s getting it’s recognition on the Windows side, but it would also destroy the competition here. In the words of Charlie Sheen, “Hands down, done, boom! Winning!”

March 8, 2011 at 8:55 am
(17) CeeGee says:

They’re right, where is YNAB? Really? No YNAB! You’re missing out BIG TIME if you haven’t given YNAB a shot!It saved is financially and now we have a grip on our finances.

March 8, 2011 at 9:01 am
(18) Cheryl says:

They’re right, where’s YNAB on this list? You left the best MAC financial software out out! This software helped us (and many others) get a grip on our finances and we are grateful!

March 8, 2011 at 9:16 am
(19) Andrea says:

I agree with the many commenters – YNAB is the BEST and has made my budgeting life SO much easier!

March 8, 2011 at 10:05 am
(20) Bert says:

What?!? No YNAB. It is the only budgeting software that lets you actually budget!

March 8, 2011 at 11:09 am
(21) Noemie says:

Well, my vote would also go to YNAB, but it’s not on the list… (???)

March 8, 2011 at 11:22 am
(22) Mike says:

I’ve been using YNAB on my Mac for over a year. Best financial software out there. I was using it “on the Windows side” with VMWare Fusion before the cross-platform version came out.

March 8, 2011 at 11:30 am
(23) jane says:

I went to vote for YNAB and it not here? what gives? I’ve been using it for over a year and I love it! This poll gives the impression that it must not be available for mac, can you let us know why it wasn’t included?

March 8, 2011 at 11:57 am
(24) Scott says:

Heh, another vote here for YNAB. Can’t understand why it’s in the Windows poll but not on the Mac one.

March 8, 2011 at 2:36 pm
(25) Joe Mahoney says:

Like so many others I use YNAB for Mac. It is, in a word, awesome. And it’s what I would have voted for had it been listed.

March 8, 2011 at 4:25 pm
(26) np3 says:

+1 for YNAB on Mac. I’ve literally tried them all, and I also manage accounts and do bookkeeping for several clients. For myself, I use YNAB.